Serving as a resource for our community is part of our purpose and a key opportunity for you to learn more about the amazing Elkhorn Slough.
Engaging Local Schools
Inspiring the next generation of conservation leaders is essential to ensure the health of the Elkhorn Slough and its watershed long in to the future. The Elkhorn Slough Foundation youth outreach programs partner with local schools to provide nature-based learning opportunities.
- Slough Crew at North Monterey County High School – Engaging high school students in our environment.
- Carneros Creek Outdoor Classroom – Providing a space for Hall Elementary School to hold classes outdoors under an ancient oak.
- Community Events – Look for the Reserve and Foundation at a number of local community events to learn more about our activities.
- Elkhorn Slough Reserve’s Open House – Annual event in celebration of National Estuaries Day offering special walking tours, guest speakers, and family focused fun.
- Evenings at the Estuary – Quarterly lecture series on trending environmental topic.
- Elkhorn Slough Foundation events – Throughout the year the Foundation hosts a range of events to share the slough and our conserved lands.